Important Links & Friends of the WORMS Our friends at Hooters in Woodbridge VA, Hooters in Manassas VA, Hooters in Chantilly VA, Hooters in Fredericksburg VA and Hooters in Fairfax VA
Hot link to Washington Post Roadtrip section
Map of the official WORMS meeting location - Jireh Bakery Cafe in Centreville, VA
Chopper Ride Fatboy Ride for Carol Fatboy Ride for Judy
* Bikes and Breakfast Ride, 10 February 2019 This is the monthly ride where we meet in downtown Clifton, Virginia to see lots of cool bikes; 0800-1100. Our last ride in October was fine initially (0800) but turned into a rainy day around 10:30 AM; November and December were too cold; January was a snow event. *
* Rolling Thunder, 26 May 2019 The final ride of Rolling Thunder takes place on this Memorial Day weekend in 2019. You need to ride in this one. More details to follow but the WORMS usually ride with Patriot Harley-Davidson in the 'Ride of the Patriots'. *
* Please submit suggestions to Allen at email@example.com ! *
* The Crooked Road Ride, in southern Virginia (Date TBD)
* Tail of the Dragon, near the Tennessee / North Carolina border (Date TBD)
Sandra was back on the Fatboy to visit Great Falls.
Sandra and Allen found a good opportunity where the leaves were turning and it wasn't too cold or rainy for a ride, so they headed up to the Great Falls Virginia area this fine Sunday afternoon to enjoy the beauty of fall weather. The ride started and finished in upper 50's F, but with heated gloves and thermal underwear all things are possible. We rode up Prosperity Road to Gallows Road, and then up Route 123 to Lewinsville Road, taking that west to Swinksmill Road where we turned north and reached Georgetown Pike Road. Soon we found Scott's Run Nature Preserve and parked the bike there so we could hike to the Potomac River and see the falls at that location. It's an easy walk and free, but with limited parking we were lucky to find a spot.
The WORMS supported the 1,000 mile 9/11 Ride in 2009.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have suggestions for improvement, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org . We really enjoy picture submissions, so if you have a few from one of the WORMS rides, please attach them to your e-mail with the "JPG" format.